Capacity Building and Policy Engagement Grants
The King Center invites proposals from Stanford faculty for capacity building and policy engagement activities that support academics, government officials, or other policymakers in low- and middle-income countries. Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Scope of proposal
Proposals may request up to $10,000 in support of a variety of activities, such as:
- Collaborative work with policy or practice partners external to Stanford or at Stanford,
- Dissemination of materials to policymakers, e.g., production of materials or workshop with local counterparts,
- In-country capacity building workshops at local universities or government ministries.
Proposals may be for incremental costs associated with adding a capacity building or policy engagement component to an existing research trip or project, or for a free-standing activity.
Proposal submission, review, and award process
In the proposal, please include:
- Brief explanation of the academic and policy context of the proposed activity
- Statement of significance of the proposed activity, including expected impacts
- Details regarding the expected audience for the activity
- Description of the role played by each faculty member involved
- Budget (including any available co-financing and whether the additional funding has been secured or is being sought); please note that due to center policy, no speaker fees can be paid from center funds
- Indication of your willingness to produce a one-page "press release" on the activity for the center’s website
- The proposal is subject to a three-page limit with 11-point fonts or larger.
- The budget and budget justification are limited to one additional page.
- Each faculty organizer should also submit a CV.
Proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Proposals must be self-contained with no links to additional information.
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis by a small committee appointed by the center’s Faculty Steering Committee. Committee members who submit a proposal will recuse themselves from discussions of their own submissions. It is anticipated that funding decisions based on this solicitation will be announced within two weeks of proposal submission.
For questions please contact King Center Executive Director Jessica Leino at firstname.lastname@example.org.