Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Award Recipient Frequently Asked Questions

Main content start

Acceptance and First Funding Disbursement

Q: I just received notification that I was awarded the Global Development Funding. What are my next steps?

A:   First, please complete the acceptance form to accept the award and its conditions. Next, please work with your departmental finance manager to request a new PTA for the award funding.

Q: How do I create a PTA (Project Task Award) for this award? 

A: Your department’s finance team can generate a new PTA for you. Please share the requirements for the award PTA that are included in your award letter with your departmental finance manager. 

Please have the finance team send the PTA to you, and include it in when requesting your first disbursement through the disbursement request form. Please do not send the PTA to us directly.

Q: When can I start using the award funding? 

A: Check with your departmental finance manager. You can likely start using the award funding as soon as your PTA is set up and the account can go in deficit temporarily until the fund transfer arrives. 

Payments to International Partners

Q: How do I use this award funding to pay my international collaborators?

A:  The postdoctoral fellow and/or PI may set up service contracts with outside providers via Stanford’s iProcurement contract process. In some cases a non-sponsored subaward may be appropriate. Please contact the Office of Sponsored Research Subaward Team for additional guidance. Please contact Global Business Services to schedule a consultation about payments to international partners.

Funding Disbursement(s) and Status Update

Q. How do I get my first funding disbursement? 

A:  After you have received the PTA for the award, please submit the disbursement request form and attach your year one budget. Your fund-disbursement will be transferred within two months of the form submission.  

Q: I would like to receive the second disbursement of the award funding. How do I proceed? 

A: Using the disbursement request form, provide a short status report summarizing progress toward your research goals, an accounting of the first-year funds spent, and a second-year budget. Your second-year funding will be transferred within two months of your submission of this funding request form. 

Changes to Research

Q: What happens if my research changes from the proposal I submitted?

A: We recognize that your research design may change from your initial application based on feedback from research partners and evolving circumstances at your research site.

Please use the research revision request form to confirm any changes with us prior to deviating from your original proposal or budget. Please note: Submitting a research revision request does not guarantee that it will be approved.

Extension Request

Q: How do I request an extension on the deadline for my research? 

A: Please submit a request using the extension request form. One no-cost extension for a duration of one year may be requested. 

Final Reporting

Q: I’ve completed the work for which I received funding. What do I need to do to complete my award requirements? 

A: At the end of your final year of funding, please provide a short report summarizing your research progress and accounting for funds spent using the final report submission form.


Q: I am encountering an “error” message when attempting to submit a form. What should I do?

A: If you find a form is not loading, not responding, or failing to display certain items, the cause may be related to your browser, browser version, or browser extensions or add-ons. Verify that you are using the most up to date version of your browsers. If so, and you continue to encounter the same message, please try using another browser.

Last updated: November 17, 2023